Gaining weight is simple, losing them is a pain in the ass. Especially if you don’t know where to start. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to loose that extra pounds.
But if you do some few things like taking the right drinks with some important ingredients, you might just be on your way to loose a few pounds in less than a week.
These drinks help you loose weight by boosting your metabolic rate and help you curb cravings you may get all day.
Its important to know, for you to see any significant changes in your weight, you need to eat healthy and avoid junk foods
If you are reading this, I guess you are looking for a natural way to lose that extra pounds. We try to share tips and tricks on how to loose weight the healthy way. So on this particular post we will be talking about how to loose weight using cinnamon and honey.
We will be talking about the right ways on how to combine cinnamon and honey for weight loss, ingredients needed, preparation methods, side effects, and what particular time of the day is good to take the drink.
Benefits of cinnamon
• Cinnamon cleanses the body helps fight bacterial and fungal infections
• Cinnamon Lowers your Blood Sugar Levels and Has a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect. It reduces the storage of fat that is caused by high blood sugar levels.
• It helps you curb craving by making you feel full
• Cinnamon Can Improve Sensitivity to the Hormone Insulin
• It is known to have anti-inflammatory properties which helps your body to fight infection and repair tissue damage.
• Cinnamon is filled with antioxidants which protect your body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
• It also helps to increase your metabolism rate.
Benefits of honey
• Just like cinnamon, honey is also rich in antioxidants and it also contain enzymes that have various health benefits.
• It may lower LDL (also known as bad cholesterol), triglycerides and inflammation while raising “good” HDL cholesterol
• Honey is filled with vitamins and minerals and these vitamins and minerals helps increase the energy levels in your body.
• It helps your body burn fat by boosting your metabolism even when you are relaxing.
• Honey helps to suppress food cravings.
Also Read: Detox smoothie recipes for weight loss
Cinnamon And Honey Weight Loss Recipes
In this section, I will be giving you three different cinnamon and honey weight loss recipes you can prepare to start your weight loss journey.
1. Cinnamon and honey tea
• ½ cup water
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 tablespoon honey
• Boil water
• Put the cinnamon stick into a teapot and add the boiling water into it.
• Let the water soak up all the goodness of the cinnamon for about 10 minutes
• Strain the tea to discard the cinnamon stick and pour the tea in a cup
• Add honey.
2. Green tea, Cinnamon and Honey
• 1 cup of water
• One teaspoon cinnamon powder
• 2 teaspoons green tea
• 1 teaspoon honey
• Put cinnamon powder and honey in a bowl and mix them together
• Boil water and add green tea to it
• Strain the water into the bowl containing your cinnamon and honey mixture
• Stir properly and serve.
3. Cinnamon, honey and lemon
• One and half cup of water
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
• One teaspoon of honey
• 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
• Take a bowl and mix your lemon juice, honey, and cinnamon powder
• Boil water in a kettle or pot
• Add your boiled water to your mixture of lemon juice, honey and cinnamon powder. Stir well and drink.
Also Read: Benefits of garlic and honey
Best Time To Consume The Cinnamon and Honey Drink
Your body system will benefit greatly from this drink. But for you to get the full benefits of it, You have to take it at the right time:
1. In The Morning
Usually, how you start your day determines how it’s gonna end.
If you start you day on the wrong foot, it’s more likely that it will end that way. Same goes for if you are looking to loose some extra pounds. You should take this cinnamon and honey recipes as soon as you wake up every morning and half an hour before breakfast. This natural weight loss remedy should get you started on the right foot.
This cinnamon and honey weight loss recipes will wake up your digestive system as well as giving your metabolism the needed boost required to work efficiently. Not to mention the increase in energy you will get for the day.
2. In-between meals
It’s also good to take this drink between meals because it reduces your craving for food and as you already know cinnamon reduces appetite.
The period in between meals is the time we normally feel the urge to snack on something. But taking the Cinnamon and honey weight loss recipe will make you feel full and you can now wait for your next meal without snacking on something unhealthy.
This drink helps you reduce craving and also you won’t feel hungry while you wait for your next meal.
3. Before workout
Do you know that what you put inside your body before your workout matters a lot? It is advised you shouldn’t eat anything before a workout and 30 minutes after the workout, if you can make it one hour (that would be great).
Instead of eating something, rather you should take the honey and cinnamon weight loss drink. Which will fill you with lots of energy for an effective workout and you will still have more energy even after the workout.
The honey in this recipe will provide you with enough energy, enough to carry you through your workout and the cinnamon will focus on recharging your metabolism to burn more fat.
4. Your bed time
If you are looking to loose weight, you probably will be familiar with that crave you get in between dinner and sleep time. Yeah! I can tell you know exactly what I’m talk about. It’s tough to get through that moment.
But you can depend on the honey and cinnamon weight loss recipe to take you through that moment, since it won’t weigh on your stomach or stress your digestive system before going to bed.
Do’s And Don’ts For Using Cinnamon And Honey For Weight Loss
When using cinnamon and honey for weight loss there are several precautions to take and we will be talking about them here:
1. Always use at least one teaspoon of honey
2. Make sure you never use sugar or salt
3. If you are using a cinnamon stick, allow the cinnamon stick to sit in the water for at least 10-15 minutes so that the hot water can take up all the flavor and goodness of the cinnamon.
4. Put the honey only after the water must have boiled not before (15-20 minutes after the water must have cool off)
5. Include fruits and vegetables to your diet
6. Don’t ever boil the cinnamon stick but rather pour the boiled water in the bowl or container you put the cinnamon stick and allow the cinnamon to sit there for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Don’t reheat the cinnamon tea for drinking
8. Don’t use Cassia cinnamon, instead use Ceylon cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon have high amount of coumarin which can damage your liver and kidney if it is used for about two weeks. Coumarin can lead to blood thinning if taken with anticoagulant such as aspirin. (more reason you shouldn’t use cassia cinnamon)
9. Cinnamon is not good for pregnant women because, it can cause premature labor
10. It is best to avoid cinnamon if you are suffering from any heart disease
11. Don’t take cinnamon if you are going through menopause because, excessive use of cinnamon can increase your body heat.
12. Don’t swallow cinnamon powder alone without mixing it in honey and water because it can lead to choking, lung infection or even death.